1. Bring a variety of games and toys (both individual activities and group activities)
2. Do not give out all of the toys at the beginning of the trip (save some for the end of the trip)
3. Consider buying inexpensive toys, books, and games at thrift stores, yard sales, or dollar stores
4. Wrap up old toys that have been forgotten for a while and let them select one out of a surprise “grab bag”
5. Research fun travel games that don’t require any items to play
6. Select tech toys that are age-appropriate and suitable for the child
7. Select music and videos that everyone can enjoy
8. Plan to join in on some of the games yourself
9. Let your child choose some toys themselves to bring on the trip
For more information to help you plan the ideal trip with the kids this summer
Click here for travel game books and ideas.
Click here for additional resources on traveling with children.
Enjoy your vacation with the kids by planning ahead and bringing fun games and activities for everyone. Save your sanity and enjoy your time together this summer.